Sunday, February 26, 2017

Georgia DB Figure




I wrote a little while ago about the vending machines that occasionally dispense Dragonball Super figures, and how I wasn't going to bother getting one because it may take 6-10 tries just to get one figure, at 100 yen per can of coffee, and that I don't really like Georgia can coffee that much. Well, a few nights later, I had to make a last minute run to the supermarket to get some groceries, and it was near-freezing. I decided that I'd hit the vending machine across the street for a can of hot coffee to keep warm on the 10 minute walk, and that would be the last time I'd get can coffee for a while. Naturally, that's when I finally succeeded in getting a can with the gold plastic cap.



I got Kamesennin, who's not exactly my favorite character. He's about 1" tall, so this line of figures aren't very big, given the total price needed to get one.



I guess these are part of the desktop accessories line, since the little brochure that came with the can shows Kamesennin holding a key. The hole in the back of the cap is supposed to be useful for holding an inkan (the official stamp Japanese people use when putting their signature on official documents). I showed Kamesennin to a few housewives, and they said they couldn't imagine using the cap to hold their stamps this way.



Still, he's very detailed. I like the heating patches on his back.



"Go ahead. Make my day."

No comments: